Red Pocket Mobile is a prepaid MVNO that was founded in 2006. The company has partnered with AT&T (GSMA), Sprint (CDMAS), T-Mobile (GSMT) and Verizon (CDMAV) to provide service and coverage to its customers. Their plans have traditionally focused on catering to those who have a need to call internationally and who speak other languages.
You don’t have to have international calling needs to subscribe to Red Pocket Mobile. Red Pocket’s phone plans are competitively priced, and can particularly be a great value to low usage customers.
Red Pocket Inc. is located in Thousand Oaks, CA, United States and is part of the Other Telecommunications Industry. Red Pocket Inc. has 75 total employees across all of its locations and generates $14.09 million in sales (USD).
The company has partnered with AT&T (GSMA), Sprint (CDMAS), T-Mobile (GSMT) and Verizon (CDMAV) to provide service and coverage to its customers. Their plans have traditionally focused on catering to those who have a need to call internationally and who speak other languages.
In June 2019, the company acquired FreedomPop's remaining retail business, brand name and the GSMA customer base. Full terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Red Pocket offers a generous refer a friend program. Those who refer a friend earn up to a $25 account credit per each referral. The credit is awarded after the friend renews their plan for a second month.
A $25 account credit will be issued if the referral subscribes to a plan priced $30 or more. A $7.50 credit will be awarded if the referral subscribes to a plan priced under $30. A subscriber can earn a maximum of $500 per year in referrals.
Those subscribing to Red Pocket through a referral code/link will also receive up to $25 off their first month of service. A $25 discount will be awarded for subscribing to a plan above $30 and a $7.50 credit if the plan is less than $30.
Red Pocket Mobile’s phone plans are synonymous with variety. The company really offers something for everyone. There are monthly plans, annual plans, multi-month discount plans, family discount plans, data-only plans, and even global data-only plans. Some plans are sold exclusively through online retailers like eBay and Amazon.
A total of 7 monthly phone plans are sold directly through the Red Pocket website.
Customers can pick from the following options:
· $10/month – 500 minutes, 500 texts, 500MB hard-capped data, available on AT&T and Verizon only.
· $10/month – 1000 minutes, unlimited texts, 1GB hard-capped data
· $20/month – unlimited everything, but only the first 3GB of data is at high-speeds before throttling to 2G data speeds. Available on AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, and Verizon
· $30/month – unlimited everything with 10GB of data at high-speeds before throttling to 2G data speeds.
· $40/month – unlimited everything with 22GB of data at high-speeds before throttling to 2G data speeds. Available on AT&T and T-Mobile only
· $40/month – unlimited everything with 12GB of data at high-speeds before throttling to 2G data speeds. Available on Verizon
· $50/month – unlimited everything with 50GB of data at high-speeds before throttling to 2G data speeds.
Taxes and fees cost extra with each plan. There are no activation fees for single lines of service.
Unless specifically stated otherwise, the plans are all available for use on the customer’s choice of either the AT&T, T-Mobile, or Verizon network. Sprint based plans are now only sold through the eBay store. 5G network access is only available on the AT&T and T-Mobile networks.
Family Plan Option
The $30 plan has a family plan option. Account holders can add up to 4 additional lines to their plan at a cost of $20/line. The multi-line discount is applied starting on the 2nd month of service. There is a $10 setup fee charged per line. No other Red Pocket plans offer group discounts.
Porting out requires you to know your account number and pin number. For CDMAV plans, your account number is your phone number. Your PIN number is the last 4 digits of your phone number. The account number that you see in your account dashboard cannot be used for porting out. It is likely that your account number and PIN number works the same for Red Pocket Mobile's other network plans.
Network: Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint
· Simple and affordable plans
· Great coverage options
· Free international calling
· Unlimited data plan
· Mix and match networks
· No contracts
· Latest selection of phones
· Works with your existing phone and number
· Pay as you go provides flexibility
· Low fees
· Different plans for CDMA and GSM phones
· Expensive unlimited plan
· Data throttled at 10 GB
· Costumer Service
· Account dashboard needs work
· No 0% financing options on latest phones
· High speed data caps