Simple Mobile is an MVNO that began operations in 2009. In 2012 the company was purchased by América Móvil and thus it became one of several brands that are considered owned by TracFone. Simple Mobile has activated over 2.5 million subscribers since inception, although it is not known how many current subscribers the brand has.
However, in 2013, TracFone unveiled Bring Your Own Phone, and began selling SIM cards that could be inserted into qualifying non-TracFone phones, and in 2015, this program was renamed "Bring Your Own Phone".
The company sells a variety of phones, including high end offerings from Samsung and Apple. Devices are available to fit anyone’s budget. Phone financing is also available if needed.
You can bring your own phone to the network as well. If you own a phone that is compatible with T-Mobile it will work just fine on Simple Mobile as long as it is out of contract and paid off in full. Additionally, most phones from AT&T will also work, as long as they have been unlocked. Universally unlocked phones from manufacturer’s such as Motorola and Samsung are also compatible.
When looking for a prepaid plan with unlimited data, you should consider Simple Mobile, because that’s all they do. It offers 5 different plans ranging from $25 to $60 a month. Simple Mobile cheaper than the big boys at T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon, it also offers unlimited data where comparable plans offer limited data.
This company operates as a prepaid mobile option, which means you don’t have to sign a long-term contract. You just make your payment at the beginning of the month, and you’ll have unlimited data locked and loaded.
SIM cards and service plans are available in a variety of stores such as Best Buy and Walmart. You can also buy online through those stores as well as directly through Amazon and the Simple Mobile website.
- Low start up cost (you just need SIMs to begin selling Simple Mobile)
- Bring your own device program
- Compatible with GSM unlocked devices and T-Mobile branded phones
- Unlimited Data Plan Available
- Large Buckets of High Speed Data
- Calling to Mexico and 69 Countries included in all plans
- Simple Mobile branded handsets
- Spiffs for first 3 months of customer service
- Uncertainty with Verizon Purchase
- Activation Portal, VidaPay, has had a lot of issues in the past
- On the lower end of refill airtime %
- Exclusive Store Program has gone through many changes.
- No major marketing/branding push to get brand name out
For a full list of Simple Mobile Master Agents click here
Sound off below with any thoughts