Ultra Mobile was co-founded by CEO David Glickman, who had previously founded companies such as TelePacific Communications, Justice Technology, and Primo Connect. In 2017, the company had approximately 150 employees across the US, Europe, and Asia, and had focused on hiring millennials
The company's business model is based on selling Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) cards which can be used with prepaid plans on unlocked phones. This contrasts to selling long-term contracts with a free or discounted locked phone, a model which is currently more prevalent in the US than in other parts of the world.
In 2015, Ultra Mobile was ranked number 1 in Inc. magazine's list of the 5,000 fastest growing private companies in the United States, with a year-over-year growth rate of 100,849% and revenues of US$118 million in 2014, up from less than a million in 2012.
Ultra Mobile is the company's flagship brand, which offers broad international calling plans targeted to diasporic communities in the United States, with the company specifically targeting people born outside of the US.
· Unlimited international calling and text to 80+ countries
· Cheap plan options
· No contracts
· Bring your phone
· Unlimited global texting and unlimited calling to 80+ countries
· International roaming credits available in $5, $10, or $20 denominations
· By opting for th 3, 6 or 12 month plan, Ultra Mobile Ultra Mobile Multi-Month customers could save significant amounts on their cellular coverage.
· Limited full-speed data
· No family plans
· Real world network coverage isn't as large as AT&T/Verizon
· Customer support
· Ultra Mobile may throttle data speeds after users run through 50 GB of their plan.
· More expensive than other prepaid plans
For a full list of Ultra Mobile Master Agents click here
Sound off below with any thoughts