Yelp, the online business directory, is dedicated primarily to user-based content, meaning users create reviews for businesses by posting pictures, videos, comments, ratings and checking in to local businesses.
You can also add a business on Yelp that might not be listed already, regardless of whether or not you're the owner of said business.
So, if you stumbled upon a new Yoga studio and realized it wasn't on Yelp, or you realized your favorite mom and pop diner isn't listed on the platform, you can create a listing for a business in just a few minutes.
Here's how to add a business on Yelp.
How to add a business on Yelp if you're a business owner
1. Power on your computer, and head to Yelp for Business Owners.
2. Perform a search to see if your business is already listed on Yelp. If not, click "Add your business to Yelp."
3. Enter your business information on the next page. You will need to confirm your email address to finish your submission.
4. Click "Add Business."
How to add a business on Yelp if you're just a Yelp user
1. Log into Yelp and navigate to the "Add a Business" button at the bottom of the screen.
2. After clicking "Add a Business," fill out the information for the business, including name, address, and telephone number. Then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Add Business."
After you click "Add Business," Yelp will then review the business listing to make sure that there is not a duplicate listing already on the platform. The expected amount of time for a business listing to go live varies, although it should take two days or less.